Dishwasher Repair – Troubleshooting Guide
A dishwasher heats up the mixture made with a combination of water and detergent and sprays it against the dishes. The dirty water is pumped out and the dishes are rinsed with clean water. The selector switch will signal the various components to operate as per the chosen cycle. Let’s discuss some of the common problems for which dishwasher repair is required.
- The dishwasher doesn’t work: A blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker can be the possible culprit. Check for the following parts of the dishwasher and ensure that everything is working well viz. the timer motor, door switch, door latch, selector switch and the motor start relay.
- The motor hums: Check the driver belt and fix the motor or the pump.
- The dishwasher drains the water while filing: The possible culprit could be the float switch or the water inlet valve. Dishwasher repair involves checking the float assembly and the drain valve.
- Water drainage: Clogs in the drainage pipe can cause issues with water drainage. Also check the sink drain and the drain hose for any restrictions.
- Water Leakage: Inspect the door gaskets and seals for the main tub, float, and blower diffuser to fix issues with water leakage.
- There can be several other issues which can require dishwasher repair. It is always recommended to seek professional assistance in case of any confusion.